Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brett Knief
fsugeo Offline

Brett Knief
Former UNC signee Brett Knief has signed to play for FSU. He had committed to South Carolina as a walkon and was penciled in by one of their beat writers as the starting RFer next year, but instead signed with FSU.

This is a pretty big pickup according to just about everyone who has commented about it.

9-12-11: - http://www.collegesummerbaseball.net/201...um=twitter - In the six-team Florida Collegiate Summer League this summer, the Sanford River Rats downed the Winter Park Diamond Dawgs to earn them the title of FCSL Champions. Individually, there were at least 25 position players that turned in great seasons. Unfortunately, I had to narrow the list down to the top 20.- 8. Brett Knief OF DeLand--Seminole State College - Brett is 6-1/195 pounds and is a recent transfer from UNC. He hit .359 in 64 at-bats for the Suns. He scored 9 runs and drove in 12 this summer. He was ranked as the 14th best prospect in the league by Perfect Game.

Stats from SO year
07-16-2012 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
[FluffyBunny] Offline
Administrator

RE: Brett Knief
Please tell me his last name is pronounced like 'knife'. 'Mack the Knife' can be easily re-worked. Wink
07-16-2012 09:44 PM
RaysnNoles Offline

(07-16-2012 08:33 PM)fsugeo Wrote:  Former UNC signee Brett Knief has signed to play for FSU. He had committed to South Carolina as a walkon and was penciled in by one of their beat writers as the starting RFer next year, but instead signed with FSU.

This is a pretty big pickup according to just about everyone who has commented about it.

9-12-11: - http://www.collegesummerbaseball.net/201...um=twitter - In the six-team Florida Collegiate Summer League this summer, the Sanford River Rats downed the Winter Park Diamond Dawgs to earn them the title of FCSL Champions. Individually, there were at least 25 position players that turned in great seasons. Unfortunately, I had to narrow the list down to the top 20.- 8. Brett Knief OF DeLand--Seminole State College - Brett is 6-1/195 pounds and is a recent transfer from UNC. He hit .359 in 64 at-bats for the Suns. He scored 9 runs and drove in 12 this summer. He was ranked as the 14th best prospect in the league by Perfect Game.

Stats from SO year

Just by looking at his stats from last year he put together a season similar to Boyd but with more power. He doesn't walk but he doesn't strikeout either.
07-17-2012 08:09 AM
MartyNole Offline

I'm withholding judgement until he actually shows up in garnet and gold. The kid seems pretty...twitchy, changing schools and commitments every five minutes or so.
07-17-2012 08:34 AM
Doberman Nole Offline

Read his comments about Meat. People who do not think he should be the next head coach are crazy.

“I was just comfortable with Mike Martin, Jr.,” Knief said. “His history of producing hitters and developing players — I couldn’t pass that up. I’m really excited to work with him because he’s definitely one of the best in the country.

“And he sold me pretty fast after we started talking. And I just can’t wait to get to Tallahassee. It’s a perfect fit.”
07-17-2012 10:05 AM