Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A couple of changes I would like to see made
[FluffyBunny] Offline
Administrator

A couple of changes I would like to see made
I think it is safe to say at this point that Breezy is...not comfortable at third. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Sony swap places for at least one game or preferably a whole series. It makes the throws shorter to 1B, and gives a little bit more time to make the plays. I think half his problem is that he rushes, go maybe the extra second will help.

Another change I think needs to happen is to send Peter Miller permanently to the pen. He's proven that he really can't go more than a hand full of innings, so why not try to find a role for him that will allow him to give some innings out of the pen? In his place as the #4, I'd like to continue to see more of Strode.

I am still concerned about Leibrandt as well.
04-10-2013 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TallyFish Offline

RE: A couple of changes I would like to see made
Paragraph #1. Agree, something needs to be done at third! Not sure who but someone, anyone who will be able to keep their head in the game.

Para #2. Positive continunity is need from the starters and bull pen and not the fear ladened efforts shown of late.

Para# 3. Get me a seat on this band wagon.

In addtition. I like the defensive play of Brett Knief in RF plus he seems to have better speed to the ball. If he were given more starts I believe he would learn to play RF better and own the position.

I would also like to see our "judgement " improve with respect to which base to throw to from the outfield and in general improve on the fundamentals of the game. Too often our errors are fundamental mistakes, the type made early in the season. By mid season theses types of errors should be reduced to 0 to 1 per game and not be of the game changing variety.
04-10-2013 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply