Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radio
TallyFish Offline

Radio
Something should be done about 1270 am radio broadcasting Friday night and away games. I live less that a mile east of Capital Cirlcle on the east side of town. Their signal is to weak and they reduce power at horrible times. Tonight in the top of the 9th after Breezy was sacrificed to third 1270 reduced power and I missed the ending of the game! You would think that someone at the station would be monitoring the program to insure BS like this wouldn't happen.

If there are any advertisers reading these posts ask youselves if you are getting your moneys worth?
03-29-2013 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
[FluffyBunny] Offline
Administrator

RE: Radio
I believe AM stations are required to reduce power at specific times. That is out of their control. What is needed is for them to have a dedicated FM station for all broadcasts.
03-30-2013 04:44 PM
TallyFish Offline

I couldn't agree with you more! FM for all games!
03-31-2013 10:05 AM
griff Offline

The problem too is Clear Channel will not fix the signal issue. It has had problems for a few years now. Just not enough money coming into 1270AM. Fluffy is correct they have to reduce their power at night so they do not bleed over into over markets. They really need to put the games on 100.7 all the time or some other FM Channel.
04-05-2013 10:24 AM